Move over Google! This week, we’re all about Bing. Let’s get straight to the good stuff.
Here’s this week’s Fast Five:
1) Bing Looks Abroad by TechCrunch. According to internal sources, apparently Bing is “embarking on the most ambitious geographic and product expansion in its history”. TechCrunch has the lowdown on what this could mean.
2) How Does Bing Choose the Title for My Web Page? by Bing Blogs. Apparently, Bing doesn’t always choose the content of your title tag to display in the SERPs. Who knew? In this post, they explain why.
3) 3 New Bing Ads Geotargeting Features Now Available by Search Engine Watch. Bing Ads recently announced updates to its geotargeting that include more visibility, control, and improved radius targeting for advertisers. This post from Search Engine Watch explains the changes.
4) Filtering Low Quality Links in Bing SERP by Bing Blogs. In this post, Bing reveals how they control the quality of their search results and the methods of spam detection they employ to keep things positive.
5) At Five Years Old, Bing Has Come Far, Yet Has More to Grow by Search Engine Land. With Bing turning five this week, Search Engine Land looks at some of their reasons to celebrate, including market share increase and growth of the search platform across Microsoft’s range of products.
*Image courtesy of Threadless.
Need to learn SEO but not sure where to start? Download your Free SEO Lesson. No catch!