Job Title: SEO Director
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: HomeAway Inc.
Location: Austin, Texas
Date Posted: October 2011
HomeAway is seeking a Director with a successful track record of implementing SEO strategies with a goal of increasing traffic and revenue building. The position requires a minimum of 7-10 years direct working experience as a Search Engine Optimization professional performing at a high level for world class e-commerce sites. The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp for defining product strategy, possess excellent problem solving skills and will work closely with other business groups across function and location to implement SEO strategies.
- Build and manage internal SEO team, identifying and executing new opportunities for improving high-quality organic search engine traffic
- Ensure a careful balance of on/off page optimization including content generation and link building (internal/external).
- Clearly understand search algorithms to properly leverage these components in the SEO strategy.
- Measure and report on all organic traffic and sales across all properties and page types.
- Work with Product managers to build SEO roadmap and properly execute against it.
- Contribute to content and work with development teams.
- Serve as a liaison with software engineers to create new tools and optimize data feeds.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and inform other stake holders on required changes.
- Must be a strong and credible leader with team development and training in background.
- BA/BS in Marketing with a strong understanding of technical SEO or BA/BS in Engineering or similar technical discipline.
- Must have experience in driving product management and strategy, push for product changes and releases and be able to make site decision changes.
- Will have experience working in a leadership capacity, interfacing with a global or remote international team.
- Specific successes performing in e-commerce business.
- Thorough understanding of datafeeds and means to effectively optimize them.
- Understanding of basic HTML, CSS and code structure as it relates to SEO.
- Experience with link building and proper usage while representing the brand in the best possible light.
- Working knowledge of the latest web technologies, social tools and methods for effectively leveraging them to improve brand visibility.
- Understanding of web development, design, search engine algorithms.
- Strong analytical focus and site analytic tool experience.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
HomeAway, Inc., based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s leading online marketplace of vacation rentals, with sites representing more than 625,000 paid vacation rental home listings throughout more than 145 countries. HomeAway® offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. The HomeAway portfolio of websites includes HomeAway.com, VRBO.com and VacationRentals.com in the United States; HomeAway.co.uk and OwnersDirect.co.uk in the United Kingdom; HomeAway.de in Germany; Abritel.fr and Homelidays.com in France; HomeAway.es in Spain; AlugueTemporada.com.br in Brazil; and HomeAway.com.au in Australia.
In addition, HomeAway operates BedandBreakfast.com, the most comprehensive global site for finding bed-and-breakfast properties, providing travelers with another source for unique lodging alternatives to chain hotels. For more information about HomeAway, please visit www.HomeAway.com.
For more search industry job vacancies, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.