Job Title: Head of Search Engine Marketing
Job Reference: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Amazon
Location: US, WA, Seattle
Date Posted: 13 March 2013
Amazon’s Global Marketing Team is looking for a Head of Search Engine Marketing to lead the company’s worldwide paid search marketing program. As the leader of the Amazon Sponsored Links (SEM) team, you’ll lead the business and technology teams for one of the largest pay per click (PPC) search marketing programs in the world, and one of Amazon’s most important online advertising channels.
To be successful in this high visibility, high impact role, you will need to be a strategic and technically savvy leader who can drive long-term vision and translate business strategies into technology solutions.
- You will be at home both driving strategic decision making and implementing business strategies via complex technology.
- You will be excited to both drive SEM channel growth and to improve ROI by improving channel efficiency.
- You will be comfortable leading product management and software development teams focused on continued innovation.
- You will love a good algorithm, appreciate white space, understand the value of rapid test and learn approaches, and be excited by the chance to have a significant impact on both the top and bottom line.
- You will have a knack for finding ways to both innovate and to simplify. You will drive automated, scalable marketing programs through measured use of process and smart system architecture.
- You will have a global mindset, and should be as comfortable working with business and finance teams as you are with engineers.
- You will have significant experience hiring and developing high performance teams. And you will be excited by the opportunity to fulfill Amazon’s credo “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
- Setting the vision for Amazon’s participation in paid search marketing worldwide
- Achieving all key performance targets for the SEM channel, including revenue and ROI for all Amazon locales worldwide
- Developing SEM channel strategy and guiding long-term initiatives
- Developing the long-term roadmap for Hydra, Amazon’s internal search marketing tool
- Delivering against project plans and deliverables, on time and on budget
- Leading the software development team responsible for developing our world class search marketing technology
- Driving engineering and operational excellence
- Hiring and developing a world class team of product managers and software development engineers
- Report on results to senior management and communicate closely with internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Statistics or related field
- 5+ years of experience in online marketing and or advertising for a leading company or program
- 7+ years of experience as a team manager, including management of engineering teams
- MBA, Masters in Computer Science, or related discipline
- Deep knowledge of online advertising and search engine marketing fundamentals
- Experience in machine learning, information retrieval, search systems, artificial intelligence, data mining, targeting, statistics and/or relevance
- Versed in auction theory
- Experience with experimental design and analysis
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: Amazon Careers
Contact: Send resumes via online form to: Amazon Careers
For more search industry jobs, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.