Job Title: Director/OVP Social Media
Job Reference: unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Bloomingdale’s NYC
Location: New York City, NY
Date Posted: 20 April 2013
Bloomingdale’s seeks a proven leader responsible for developing its social media strategy, designing its online engagement architecture (organization, technology infrastructure, process and policies), and overseeing social media execution. This senior leader will translate the overall brand marketing strategy into an aligned and innovative social media strategy, be accountable for social media performance against that strategy, and ultimately ensure that Bloomingdale’s philosophy, vision and mission are practiced online.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Brand Marketing and Digital Strategy:
- Develop a social media strategy (content and architecture) in support of overall brand goals and marketing strategy.
- Partner with the Social Media Operating Committee to ensure social media strategy is aligned with business deadlines and priorities.
- Develop editorial calendar and approve campaign calendar developed by Manager of Online Engagement; ensure calendar alignment with brand marketing strategy.
- Direct budgets and all investment decision making for Bloomingdale’s social media.
- Partner with Social Media Operating Committee to scope projects, define schedules, and estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals. Orchestrate resources (including agency talent and internal teams) for social media strategy development and execution as needed.
- Develop and drive overall social media programs, mitigating risks, escalating issues as needed, and communicating performance.
- Continuously monitor social media business results and take action to improve performance where needed.
- Drive innovation in social media strategy and associated technology as needed to effectively deliver Bloomingdale’s brand voice online.
Collaboration and Enablement:
- Drive a shared vision for online engagement goals at Bloomingdale’s – create clearly actionable success criteria, objectives and requirements and ensure consistent communication of progress.
- Partner with Social Media Operating Committee and other functional peers to collaborate with fashion houses, industry leaders, and other external organizations required to execute social media strategy.
- Enable the organization to efficiently and effectively execute against the social media strategy and plans; accountable for training / enablement strategy with input from Manager of Online Engagement but may assign execution responsibilities as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, advertising, or marketing preferred
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 12+ years of marketing, corporate communications, digital or similar experience
- Demonstrated ability to bridge traditional brand marketing and digital strategy
- Omni-channel retail brand marketing or digital strategy experience preferred
- Strong leadership of complex, cross-functional programs, fostering collaboration to deliver business results
- Adept at navigating across organizational lines, building consensus and alignment across teams
- Experience leading social media, social networking, and/or community projects
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to seek input and demonstrate persuasiveness when needed. Able to effectively communicate the business value of social media strategies inside the organization and build support.
- Able to prioritize, problem solve, and innovate to deliver on business objectives
- Net savvy (enjoy online activity, social networking sites & all things Web 2.0)
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: Bloomingdale’s Jobs
Contact: Send resumes via online form to: Bloomingdale’s Jobs
For more search industry jobs, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.