Job Title: Search Engine Manager
Job Reference #: 65904
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Intuit Canada
Location: Ontario, Canada
Date Posted: 21 May 2008
In late summer/early fall 2008, Intuit Canada will be opening their new Canadian corporate headquarters in the GTA – Mississauga to be exact. Be a part of their growth!
Intuit Canada isn’t your average company. With products like QuickBooks® and QuickTax, they’re the #1 developer of retail financial software in Canada. But their employees don’t just make software – they create whole solutions to help revolutionize their customers’ lives. And they’re proud to say that their employees are up to the challenge. Are you? They’re always looking to add smart, motivated people to their team who want to grow with them and become leaders. Intuit Canada is consistently recognized as a top employer because they seek the best. In fact, Report on Business named them #9 on the 50 Best Employers in Canada list for 2008. Their casual work environment, emphasis on work-life balance and competitive rewards help set them apart from the rest.
Support Search Engine Optimization efforts of Sr. Mgr. Web Marketing by:
- Executing on organic Search Optimization tasks including developing meta content, copy optimization, Link building, Link buying, Universal search optimization and Design/ Web Technology improvements.
- Provide regular updates on Organic search traffic, sales and conversion while working with the Web Business Analyst.
- Make recommendations on ways to improve organic search rankings, traffic and conversions.
- Manage and optimize successful Organic Search campaigns on major search engines including Google, Yahoo and MSN.
- Oversee SEO program implementation from pre-launch deliverables (SEO site design & technology recommendations, copy writing and SEO plan) through performance reporting.
- Research/develop keywords and work with copywriters to Write/ recommend copy for optimizing organic search campaigns.
- Provide ongoing management of all SEO initiatives including reporting, analysis and optimization recommendations.
- Document and communicate best practices in Search Engine Optimization.
- Communicate the benefits for process changes to ensure acceptance and optimize SEO results.
- Continually monitor the search landscape. Understand any changes in organic listing algorithms of Search Engines and proactively lead changes for adherence to the changes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Four to Six years of experience in Search Engine Optimization for large e-commerce websites or companies.
- Experience in organic search optimization programs including Link Building, Link buying, dynamic (database driven) site optimization, domain structuring, recommending URL redirects, managing Google and Yahoo webmaster tools.
- Experience working with SEO (SEM director, Ad Goroo, other SEO reporting tools) and Web Analytics tools like Omniture etc.
- Experience presenting on SEO areas to large groups or business units leaders.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Some experience in website design preferred.
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: http://www.intuit.ca/en/intuit/careers_search_other.jsp
Contact: Send resumes via online form: http://www.intuit.ca/en/intuit/careers_search_other.jsp
For more search industry job vacancies visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.