Job Title: Marketing Manager Search Engine Optimization
Job Reference: MAC01914
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Macy’s Inc
Location: San Francisco
Date Posted: 21 September 2013
Macy’s are looking for a hands-on natural search optimization (SEO) professional, with excellent problem solving skills and a basic understanding of SEO issues involving site architecture; keyword generation; search friendly content; link building strategies; and metrics-driven SEO. Strong communication skills are essential in this role, as the Manager will be integral in socializing SEO across the organization.
- Work with the Director of SEO to test, plan and successfully execute on ROI positive SEO initiatives, including but not limited to keyword generation, content creation, URL selection for XML sitemap submissions, internal linking, and external linking.
- Work closely with engineering, creative, merchants, and product teams to ensure consistency in SEO strategy and implementation across multiple properties.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of SEO strategies in generating increased web traffic and organic revenue.
- Develop, share and implement SEO best practices across multiple families of businesses.
- Work with external agencies and in-house teams to build quality external links.
- Stay up to date with industry trends
- Support merchant team with the development and creation of proposals to secure incremental vendor co-operative marketing dollars.
- Mine macys.com’s onsite search logs and organic search referrals on a monthly basis to grow keyword portfolio.
- Provide a weekly analysis of natural search term performance based on traffic, conversion, and sales.
- Team up with Marketing Analyst to identify trends in behavior of customers referred by natural search.
- Co-ordinate the design, testing, and production of new reports, as required, to improve conversion and sales from natural search.
- Publish reports and findings to the organization on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- BA/BS in Marketing with a strong understanding of technical SEO or BA/BS in Engineering or similar technical discipline or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in online marketing with a successful track record, either in-house or at an agency/consultancy.
- Understanding of basic HTML, CSS and code structure as it relates to SEO.
- Knowledge of XML sitemap submissions, internal linking and keyword generation.
- Track record of successfully implementing SEO strategies with a goal of increasing traffic and revenue.
- Familiarity with social networking and bookmarking sites.
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on analytics.
- Strong project management and inter-departmental coordination skills.
- Ability to execute on multiple projects while closely measuring the impact of each project and changing course when needed.
As the fastest growing part of Macy’s Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening their workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com they are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: Macy’s Careers
Contact: Send resumes via online form to: Macy’s Careers
For more search industry jobs, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.