This week’s Fast Five selection is mostly about blogging, since 2013 is shaping up to be all about content creation and sharing!
1) Content Marketing Made Easy: 7 Blog Post Formats You Can Copy by Sujan Patel Stumped for blogging ideas? This excellent post by Sujan Patel offers seven tried-and-true blogging formats that are sure to get your creative juices flowing.
2) My Favourite Way to Get Links and Social Shares – Whiteboard Friday by Rand Fishkin When it comes to a list of posts to share I can rarely go past Rand Fishkin’s Whiteboard Friday posts on SEOmoz. Last Friday Rand described his favourite content sharing strategies, which revolve around helping others wherever you can – true online, true in life.
3) The Ultimate Guide to Advanced Guest Blogging by Pratik Dholakiya Pratik has put a lot of thought into this post about guest blogging – a hot subject given that 2013 has already been dubbed as the year of the online author. In this post Pratik describes 20 things to look out for when guest blogging and 20 things to avoid.
4) A Guide to Searching and Using Pictures in Your Posts by Chhavi Vatwani Finding just the right picture for your blog post, website or feature article can be tricky. Chhavi’s post includes plenty of handy links and info on how to find images and use them properly by assigning credit back to the owner.
and finally, for something a little bit different…
5) Designing for SEO by Justin Taylor Justin tackles the age-old issue of design versus optimization – by exploring what can happen when designers work closely with optimizers to build visually beautiful, user friendly and uniquely optimized sites. This post is a must for marketing teams, web designers and search professionals alike.
*Image courtesy of Threadless