As a small business owner who spends a considerable amount of money on pay per click advertising, I know how frustrating click fraud can be.
Click fraud occurs in campaigns when somebody clicks on an ad over and over again in a deliberate attempt to either:
- Make the advertiser pay for multiple click-throughs; or
- Earn the owner of the site (where the ad is featured) commission on click-throughs
If you’ve ever been the victim of PPC fraud, have a read of my latest SiteProNews article: How to Protect Yourself From Click Fraud.
Job Title: Director Online Marketing
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: DECA
Location: Santa Monica, California
Date Posted: 1 October 2008
DECA was founded in 2007 by experienced entertainment and Internet executives who previously held senior roles at: Sony Pictures, ABC, and Yahoo! Music. The company identifies, funds, markets and distributes next-generation digital entertainment properties, bridging the gap between Hollywood, Madison Avenue and Silicon Valley. Based in Santa Monica, DECA is backed by Mayfield, General Catalyst, and Atomico. They are seeking a talented and motivated Director of Online Marketing to to develop and execute strategies to drive traffic and increase revenue across multiple properties.
The ideal candidate is a guerilla marketing expert who has been personally responsible for successfully growing one or more online media properties from their initial launch. This position requires a bias for action and an ability to effectively develop an audience without an extensive support team or budget.
- Manage the strategy and execution for all audience development initiatives.
- Create and execute marketing plans to quickly generate targeted traffic to multiple online entertainment properties.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with appropriate online communities, blogs, forums and other third-party sites for featured placement, content syndication and other traffic generating initiatives.
- Develop and track usage metrics and identify trends across several properties; and use this data to track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and recommend enhancements to optimize revenue potential.
- Guide search engine optimization effort and work with necessary internal resources to ensure optimal natural search rankings for each property.
- Work closely with the General Managers of each property as well as other executives to continually refine each property to best serve the target audience.
- Identify and manage vendors as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing and executing online marketing strategies with at least 2+ years SEO and SEM experience.
- Demonstrated ability to generate traffic and meet marketing goals for online media properties through the effective use of both traditional and viral marketing strategies.
- Previous startup experience, especially in the digital media industry, is highly recommended.
- Deep experience with a variety of social networking applications, such as Facebook and MySpace.
- Ability to self-prioritize tasks, work under time pressure without cracking, and stay focused while working independently.
- Must be a team player and eager to pitch in wherever needed.
- Experience in the entertainment industry (especially television) is a definite plus.
- BA/BS degree at a minimum.
DECA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
They offer a great work environment just a few blocks from the beach, a competitive compensation package (DOE) including paid vacation, comprehensive benefits (medical/dental/vision), and employee stock options.
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: [decajobs.jobscore.com]
Contact: Send resumes via online form to [decajobs.jobscore.com]
For more search industry job vacancies visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.