Ever wondered why some landing pages are effective, while others simply don’t convert? Not even sure what a landing page is? Never fear, my new SiteProNews article How to Create Killer Landing Pages will bring you up to speed.
Yep, we’re about to hit Green Bar Fever this week!
Google is about to update their Toolbar PageRank values and you know what that means. Obsessive webmasters and SEOs panicking about the little green bar. Get ready for the fallout. ?
Seen any changes to your own site’s PageRank yet? Good, bad or ugly? Why not comment and let me know.
I have been searching for a link exchange script to add to my site with terrible luck. Can you recommend a link exchange script that can be integrated within my site?
I would never recommend using a link exchange script. Despite the hype, there is no short cut to link building and reciprocal link exchanges rarely add any value to your site.
I can also highly recommend all the tactics described by the link building rockstars in Pole Positions e-book Link Building Secrets.
Job Title: Internet Marketing Specialist
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Become.com
Location: Mountainview, California
Date Posted: 22 July 2008
Become.com is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, highly quantitative professional to help manage important parts of its Internet marketing efforts. This effort includes managing keyword portfolios and paid search processes. The position will have responsibility for managing the financial performance for assigned keyword portfolios. This person must be comfortable working in a high-energy, start-up environment and have a passion for learning about the e-commerce and search segments of the Internet industry. This job has a starting salary of $50,000/year and includes stock options and benefits.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a database of keywords, categories and campaigns.
- Lead the ongoing development and optimization of the keyword portfolio.
- Take responsibility for key paid search business performance metrics; revenue per visitor, conversion rates, overall revenue, and cost per click.
- Optimize performance of the keyword portfolio by testing new creative, landing pages. Key goals are to maximize revenue while maintaining required ROI.
- Work with the Product Management Team to create requirement specifications for the development of automated tools to support search marketing.
- Design and execute data analysis to enable decision making associated with paid search initiatives.
- Interact extensively with a wide variety of individuals throughout the organization including Business Team, Product Team, Engineering Team and Senior Management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BA/BS in a highly analytical discipline is highly desired.
- High level of comfort with data-oriented, quantitative decision making.
- Exceptional quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience and comfort in working in a team environment.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for getting results.
- 1-2 years paid search operations experience a plus.
Become, Inc. is an exciting and fast growing search engine company in the Silicon Valley. As a venture-funded Internet startup, they have built a shopping research and price comparison site that uses some of the most advanced technology on the web. Become, Inc have won many awards for their service, including Forbes (Best of the Web), BusinessWeek (Best of the Web) and PC Magazine (Top 101 Web Sites).
They offer competitive salaries, generous stock options, medical benefits, and a great work environment. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage venture and make a significant contribution to building a great company.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in Word or PDF format to job.smspec[at]become.com with subject line “Internet Marketing Specialist”.
Salary range: $50,000 plus benefits
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: [www.become.com]
Contact: Send resumes to job.smspec[at]become.com
For more search industry job vacancies visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.
Ann Smarty over at Search Engine Journal has been a busy girl.
She’s put together her ultimate collection of SEO tools and guess what? They’re all free. And if those aren’t enough to whet your appetite, you might want to check out the 20 Must Have SEM Tools and the 20 MORE Must Have SEM Tools that I reviewed for SiteProNews last year.