Job Title: PPC Account Manager
Job Reference: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Everyday Health
Location: Manhattan, NY
Date Posted: 9 March 2013
Everyday Health is one of the largest providers of online consumer health solutions, with a portfolio of over 25 websites spanning the entire health and wellness spectrum. From diet and fitness, to pregnancy, to condition prevention and management, their sites help consumers to live a healthier lifestyle while providing their partners, advertisers and physicians with one of the most advanced advertising platforms in healthcare. For more information, please visit their website at www.everydayhealth.com.
Their quickly growing Local Division is looking for a PPC Account Manager to support the Account Management efforts. This position reports into the Director of Account Management and Operations.
The ideal candidate:
- Must love to work with and help educate clients (specifically small business owners within Health vertical).
- Must be able to handle an existing and growing client base
- Has experience growing and managing a team
- Is detail oriented, has excellent organizational skills
- Is a people person; loves clients, people, and friendly, upbeat
- Is great with documentation and follow up. Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
- Has web analytics experience, specifically with Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, Google Analytics
- Is Google Certified
- Has a very good sales skill; ability or inclination to soft sell value added services
- Is process-oriented and will come prepared to establish and execute on processes that will create efficiencies throughout business
- Must be able to work as part of a team, share ideas, offer and take constructive reviews and work independently to assure client’s services are delivered in a timely manner
- Head of Paid Search department for the Local Division
- Act as day to day escalation point and work with Account team to speak directly with clients/ Provide Onboarding support (SME to our high dollar clients)
- Conduct Quality Assurance for all aspects of the SEM business
- Training and supporting staff on SEM
- Driving business strategy for growth / Set direction for SEM
- Develop and manage paid search programs including tasks such as keyword research, ad copy, bid management and quality assurance testing
- Conduct regular program performance analysis and reporting against goals
- Evaluate the success of the search marketing strategy, recommend and implement enhancements
- Provide competitive insight and analysis for clients
- Understanding/support of test initiatives such as landing page/ A/B testing, multivariate testing, offer testing and conduct post mortem campaign analysis, findings and next steps
- Maintain an organized and proactive follow up schedule to ensure each client is communicated with and always finds value in the service provided.
- Continually look for ways to optimize campaigns and efficiencies.
- Provide competitive insights and analysis that can be used by internal team and clients
- Establish SEM specific process for on-boarding, launching and maintenance of all PPC clients.
- Facilitating value added services when appeasing poorly performing clients and when clients are unhappy for any reason
- Following up on improved stats from previous complaints made by clients
- Maintaining an organized and prioritized list of all client correspondence so things never “fall through the cracks”
- Investigate new PPC opportunities and make recommendations
- Employ quality assurance principles to ensure campaigns are launched and operating as planned
- Participate in weekly PPC pacing meetings with Paid Search and Marketing teams
- Provide weekly and monthly executive reporting on PPC book of business
- 5 – 7 years of experience in paid search
- Minimum of 2 years in a management/supervisor role
- Client Service skills to be the SME to our high dollar clients
- Web Analytics Expert (Google Analytics)
- Bid Management Technology experience (Kenshoo Local)
- Experience with Google AdWords and Bing AdCenter
- Google Certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (formulas, V-Lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Exceptional Account Management/Client Support experience is required. Some Client sales experience is preferred.
- Extensive experience with search engines networks for pay per click and contextual campaigns
- Experience in developing, implementing, and managing SEO operations a plus
- Ability to collaborate as a team as well as to work independently
- Ability to perform in-depth analyses using core marketing metrics and implement changes to improve campaign performance
- Ability to multi-task while meeting tight deadlines
- Solid project management skills and cross functional coordination experience
- Local experience / Lead generation preferred
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Excel (formulas, V-Lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
Attracting 30 million monthly unique visitors, Everyday Health, Inc. is the leading provider of online health solutions. The company offers consumers, healthcare professionals and marketers with content and advertising-based services. Its broad portfolio of websites and mobile applications span the health spectrum–from in-depth medical content for condition prevention and management to healthy lifestyle offerings. Everyday Health offers the tools, community, and expert advice people need to live healthier lives, every day. Everyday Health was founded in 2002 by CEO, Ben Wolin, and President, Mike Keriakos.
At Everyday Health, they foster a cooperative and lively environment that encourages new ideas and forward thinking, and they value their employees and support their development. They work hard, but they work together to create a website experience that helps their audience live healthier lives every day and they have fun while they do it!
For more search industry jobs, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.