Last year we held a competition to design our 2009 T-shirt to help promote Search Engine College at SMX Sydney.
Well it’s that time of year again! We’re looking for some inspirational designs for our 2010 Search Engine College t-shirt. You can suggest a design within the comments of this blog and I’ll set up a poll for readers to vote for the winner.
The person behind the winning design will be announced on this blog and receive a 2 day pass to SMX Sydney. [This is a single conference pass only and does NOT include travel, accommodation or a ticket to Under the Bridge.]
The winning design will be will be issued to all students who graduate from our Certification Pathways in 2010. If I get my act together in time, it may also be printed on our t-shirts scheduled for distribution to all attendees at SMX Sydney being held on 22-23 April.
Grab the blank tshirt front / back and the SEC logo and go play. Need some inspiration? Check out last year’s tee design finalists.
Competition rules are as follows:
1) Your design or slogan should be suggested within the comments of this post. You can link to a design on your own site or simply suggest a slogan in your comment.
2) Designs need to work on a white tshirt and should be no more than 2 colors.
3) The SEC logo and/or URL should appear somewhere in the design (on the back is fine)
4) Keep it clean. Unfortunately, some conference attendees and some of our students, may be offended by the use of curse words. If you need to curse, use an asterisk to censor your design somewhat. (Grrrr, I know I know).
5) Apart from the restriction of 4) your design can be as witty and creative as you like.
6) Due to my extreme procrastination and resulting print deadline, entries MUST close this Thursday 8 April 2010 at 5pm NZ time (GMT +12).
7) 5 finalists will be chosen by staff of Search Engine College and blog readers and Twitter followers will be given the opportunity to vote for their favorite finalists via a poll to be announced Thursday evening.
8 ) The final design winner will be announced on Monday 12 April 2010.
9) You MUST comment here to enter.
Good luck all!
Post Script: Some of you have asked which tee won last year’s comp? It was the clever LOL Cat by Pete Newsome. I should also mention that we liked last year’s tee submission from the very talented Andrew Ballard so much, that we adopted his concept (with permission) as our new SEC logo. A revised web site featuring the new logo is in progress now. Thanks Andrew!
what about [SEORockstar] on front and [/SEORockstar] on back? But using proper HTML tags.
Hey naatter I actually really liked the rockstar one from last year too! This one http://www.ask-kalena.com/images/tee2-front.jpg
Hahaha, love the rockstar tshirt design, i think you should use that agin this year!
SEO NINJA!!!!!!!!!!!! and picture of ninja obviously
Or maybe SEO Zombie with blood stained tee?
What about “SEO Eagle” with the tag line “soaring above the rest”…
Or “SEO Hawk” – sounds better than eagle
How about something like this?
These are all fantastic suggestions guys, keep ’em coming. @Cindy – the tag cloud is inspired!
Ok, have just had a suggestion via Twitter from @markleggett. The front says “Hooray, you found me!” and the back has the logo.
I had grand plans of said cloud fogging up the entire front of the tshirt (and looking a great deal more cloud-like, and less square), but it took me so long to get that far that I’d probably need an extra month to finish!
[…] So this week we threw down a challenge. To have you guys design us a new Search Engine College tshirt for 2010. […]
Entries have now CLOSED for this competition. Thanks for entering! You can view the entries and vote for your favorite here: http://www.ask-kalena.com/events/choose-our-search-engine-college-2010-tee-design-winner/
Hey Natter – I don’t have any contact details for you. Can you please post ’em here or email me in case your design wins the poll? Ta.