A student sent me this link today: Bubble My Page and I thought it was a fantastic little tool to share with everyone.
Bubble My Page is basically an interactive keyword density / tag visualisation tool. Enter your choice of URL and you’ll see a set of tag bubbles come back. The larger the bubble, the more frequently the keyword / tag is found on the page. Hover over a bubble and see the number of repetitions found on the page.
It’s also a snapshot of how search engines would view the page in terms of keyword density / search query relevance. I can already see some fantastic uses for this tool:
- Enter new blog post pages into the tool before publishing as a quick check you have the target keyword density right for SEO purposes.
- Enter the home pages of new SEO prospect sites for a quick on-page SEO analysis to show potential clients.
- Run every page through the tool during the SEO requirements gathering phase to get an idea of how large a potential SEO project is going to end up.
- Enter the URLs of potential employers to get a feel for their main products / services.
- Run product pages through the tool to check how evenly various products are represented on the pages.
There are probably a lot more uses for the tool, but those are just what I came up with in 10 minutes. If you’ve got any more suggestions, please share them in the comments.
Hat tip to Terry for the link ?
Thank you for a very wonderful review! You have found more uses of this tool than we originally thought of when we started building it.
Kalena thanks for the post and Terry thanks for the great find, link. For those of you on linkedin and looking for a new position, “bubble your page.” This tool will let know if your profile is really presenting the information about your career you want out there.