So I answer a lot of questions about search engines on this blog. But did you know that Google also has a Q and A site? This week’s Fast Five is dedicated to some of the more popular questions asked about Google.
Here’s this week’s Fast Five:
1) Does validating my site’s code (with a tool such as the W3C validator) help my site’s ranking in Google?
2) How can I get those links displayed under my site’s listing in Google’s search results like some other sites have?
3) Is the server location important for geotargeting?
4) Why doesn’t my site show rich snippets? I added everything and the test tool shows it’s ok.
5) Why is my sitemap file showing a submitted URL count that does not match the number of entries in my sitemap file?
*Image courtesy of Threadless.
Need to learn SEO but not sure where to start? Download your Free SEO Lesson. No catch!