Job Title: Social Marketing Specialist
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Buongiorno
Location: Los Gatos, California
Date Posted: 9 October 2008
BUONGIORNO is a trendsetting, independent mobile media and technology company driving the burgeoning cellphone entertainment and personalization industry. It partners with telecom, media and Internet companies in over 35 countries to distribute, package and create music, games, videos, wallpaper, ringtones, chat, user-generated services, TV voting, quizzes, and to sell advertising. BUONGIORNO helps companies market through proprietary labels, and sells directly through its popular Blinko brand. It distributes across the U.S, Europe, South America and Mexico, the Middle East, Africa and through BUONGIORNO Hong Kong – joint venture with Mitsui, in Russia, India, the Far East and China. Its reach is already exceeding 60 million customers. The dimension of its business, its large portfolio of content and services, its geographical presence and a team of more than 1000 professionals make BUONGIORNO one of the world’s largest enabler of digital mobile entertainment.
The Social Marketing Specialist will be responsible for implementing and driving our Social Networking strategy in the local market based on the Global Product and Marketing Strategy and in close co-operation with the Global Marketing team. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
Planning, organising and carrying out Marketing campaigns to achieve user acquisition objectives in the respective country in close co-operation with Global Marketing Management department:
- Developing sound Marketing plan/activities to meet user target.
- Set up and drive online and mobile Marketing strategy to enhance viral distribution (blogs, other SN sites, SMS campaigns, banner placements, etc.).
- Establish relationships with online bloggers and potential co-operation partners.
Day to day community management and CRM activities for active users in close co-operation with Global Customer Relationship Manager:
- Email and SMS newsletter campaigns.
- Online community management.
- Establish user lifecycle management and incentive campaigns.
- Get in depth SN market know-how in the respective country, constant review of competitors’ activities (product comparison/benchmarking).
Skills and Knowledge:
- University degree in business administration with a focus on Marketing/New Media.
- 2 years of working experience in Marketing for a consumer brand in a multi-national environment, preferably in Internet business or Telecom.
- Excellent knowledge of Online Marketing activities and tools. Mobile Marketing is an asset.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in an international team.
- High market and user orientation and ability to anticipate user needs and market trends.
- Open minded. Strong analytical skills.
- Passionate for Social Networking and ambitious with a capacity to overcome barriers and make impactful change.
- Fluency in English, any other language is an asset.
To Apply, please provide a cover letter describing your specific experience with (1) social networking in business setting, and (2) writing and executing marketing plans involving social media. They will not consider candidates who do not meet this requirement. Send your letter and resume to careers.us[at]Buongiorno.com
Salary range: $45K-$60K
Closing date: Unknown
More info about company from: [www.buongiorno.com]
Contact: Send resumes to careers.us[at]Buongiorno.com