Greg Boser from 3DogMedia is now up to talk about creating a bulletproof link strategy.
Step 1: Link Map / Blueprint
Greg’s team creates a Link Map Profile. Greg says analyse the top sites in your space and work out the job ahead
Things to look at during this stage:
– average number of links
– average age of competing sites
– average PR of competing sites – will determine how hard it’s going to be to compete. Also take into account the unique IPs.
– average number of linking domains
– average age of linking domains
– average PR distribution of incoming links
– average concentration of anchor text
Greg then showed an example profile for an *Online Poker* site – to give us an idea of the data he’s dealing with. Each of these profiles will be different. This particular profile proves that it’s going to be a hard space to get results in using link strategy. Provides the blueprint
Step 2: Tactics
Once you have the big picture – your blueprint and now it’s time to look at the individual tactices each competitor is uins to gain links
– make a list of the top 2-3 tactics
– usually competitors will only be using 1 or 2 tactics, giving you the opportunity to overtake their efforts by using all tactics available to you.
– Yes, you can purchase links – provided they fit the criteria established in your blueprint.
– Get the quality links first – because as links age, they count more.
– When you get to the end of the process, your link map will look just how you planned it.
– Majestic SEO is highly recommended by Greg
– Use tools that go out to get data then compare with your own
– Site Explorer
– SEOBook Toolbar
During Q and A, Greg Boser said that if you want to target Australia and get good link popularity in Oz, make sure 90% of your links are from Australian sites.