A student sent me this link today: Bubble My Page and I thought it was a fantastic little tool to share with everyone.
Bubble My Page is basically an interactive keyword density / tag visualisation tool. Enter your choice of URL and you’ll see a set of tag bubbles come back. The larger the bubble, the more frequently the keyword / tag is found on the page. Hover over a bubble and see the number of repetitions found on the page.
It’s also a snapshot of how search engines would view the page in terms of keyword density / search query relevance. I can already see some fantastic uses for this tool:
- Enter new blog post pages into the tool before publishing as a quick check you have the target keyword density right for SEO purposes.
- Enter the home pages of new SEO prospect sites for a quick on-page SEO analysis to show potential clients.
- Run every page through the tool during the SEO requirements gathering phase to get an idea of how large a potential SEO project is going to end up.
- Enter the URLs of potential employers to get a feel for their main products / services.
- Run product pages through the tool to check how evenly various products are represented on the pages.
There are probably a lot more uses for the tool, but those are just what I came up with in 10 minutes. If you’ve got any more suggestions, please share them in the comments.
Hat tip to Terry for the link 🙂