Job Title: Social Media Manager
Job Reference: Unknown
Position Type: Part time
Name of employer: Search Engine Journal
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: 25 November 25 2013
Well-known, internet marketing web publication, Search Engine Journal is looking for a Social Media Manager to advance its digital community.
This is a high profile position that gets you in front of the internet marketing community on a daily basis.
The Social Media Manager will be entrusted with the publication’s large social media network and will be responsible for cultivating and expanding the target audience through creative campaigns and social listening techniques.
Goals are to foster a positive culture, to identify leads for the editorial team, to expand influence, and create a thought leadership position. Note: this opportunity is part-time.
- Assist with creation, conception, and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns
- Utilize social listening tools to generate insights
- Create and maintain Content Calendars
- Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner
- Identify influencers and manage outreach to them
- Respond to users, when appropriate, in order to cultivate a positive community
- Constantly on top of industry trends and developments- experiment with new and current features
- Work with teams across the site to ensure that it is represented at its best online
- At least 1 year of experience managing professional social media accounts
- Charisma, a fun personality, and digital-savvy
- Goal setter; able to calculate the ROI of their efforts
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Passionate about social media, SEO, and content marketing
- Active participation in a wide variety of social media activities
- Demonstrated ability to build and engage a large community
- Proven ability to write concise, creative, and informative copy
- Familiar/comfortable understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ platforms
- Strong time management skills; necessary to balance multiple projects, campaigns, and administrative duties
- Flexible/Adaptable; available to respond outside of traditional working hours
- PR experience a plus
- Monthly base plus performance bonus plan
- Inclusion on the masthead and editorial team; (Past and present members of the team have parlayed their increased exposure into speaking invitations, consulting gigs and career opportunities, as well as writing for Entrepreneur.com, Huffington Post, Medium.com and many other major industry publications)
- Possible travel to represent the brand and provide press coverage at events and conferences