Job Title: SEO Manager
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Optiem
Location: Cleveland OH, United States
Date Posted: 27 September 2011
Optiem is currently seeking an SEO Manager with excellent problem solving skills that has a well-developed understanding of SEO issues involving site architecture, keyword generation, search friendly content, link building strategies and metrics-driven SEO. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, entrepreneurial, outgoing and has a minimum of 3 years experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the strategic SEO roadmap for clients.
- Identify and drive new projects to expand search engine visibility and create business cases to support increased investment.
- Research and develop SEO best practices.
- Work closely with content, IA, creative, development and account teams to ensure consistency and proper implementation of SEO strategy.
- Support business development efforts with the creation of proposals, presentations and insight documentation.
- Coordinate the design, testing and production of SEO reporting to improve traffic and conversions from organic traffic sources.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to team members and company, developing and implementing best practices and department policies and procedures.
- Assist clients in building and understanding business goals in relation to SEO strategies and programs.
- Help manage, motivate and develop growing SEO team.
- Seek business development opportunities to strengthen and expand existing client relationships.
- Collaborate with company business development and marketing teams to provide business development support for key initiatives and presentations.
- Build and maintain project management processes, ensuring streamlined processes over all SEO initiatives.
- Lead client meetings to establish SEO objectives, determine assets, set and clarify expectations, develop timelines and other tactical elements.
- Serve as a leader and representative of Optiem in professional organizations and support company marketing initiatives by collaborating and creating content for case studies, blogs, whitepapers and other marketing collateral.
- Produce and present SEO presentations to clients, potential customers and internal staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deeply understand the drivers of search rankings and performance.
- Strong project management and inter-departmental coordination skills.
- A strategic thinker, creative, technically proficiency and operationally sound.
- Exceptional leadership skills including hiring, motivating and mentoring team members.
- Ability to establish credibility within teams as a knowledgeable, effective leader.
- Strong web analytics skills including experience with Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools and Omniture Web Analytics.
- Strong knowledge of social networking and media services and how to leverage for SEO.
- Outstanding interpersonal, teaming, verbal, presentation and process facilitation skills.
- Highly proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Creative yet analytical – uses data to support and drive recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks while meeting deadlines.
- The ability to thrive in a challenging and collaborative work environment.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- Possesses a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
- Ability to develop frameworks, processes and protocols.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelors or higher with minimum 3 years SEO experience.
- Experience successfully implementing SEO strategies with a goal of increasing traffic and conversions.
- Prior interactive agency experience is a plus.
- Understanding of online marketing and advertising concepts and strategies.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle stress without sacrificing quality.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be friendly, organized, honest, and team-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, online search engines, and web-based applications.
- Working knowledge of HTML a plus.
- Experience with keyword research, keyword research tools, and keyword selection.
- Prior experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture or Web Trends.
At Optiem, they’re building the next generation agency with people who are passionate about interactive marketing and unafraid of change. They help clients build innovative marketing strategies that drive results through traditional, web, search, and email marketing tactics as well as cutting-edge technologies.
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: http://www.optiem.com/About/Careers/SEO%20Manager.aspx
Contact: Send resumes to career[at]optiem.com