Job Title: SEO Manager
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: SolarWinds
Location: Austin, Texas
Date Posted: 5 November 2012
SolarWinds is a different kind of Software Company. Rather than sell to CIOs through a large and expensive outside sales force, they sell directly to the user through their inside-only sales team. That means that rather than focusing on expense accounts and dinners, they focus on driving a high volume of qualified leads through their website. At SolarWinds, our website is their outside sales force and their storefront all rolled into one. It is a mission critical part of their business. If you are an experienced SEO manager looking for a challenge, then this is the job for you.
They are looking for a self-driven SEO manager who will drive their link acquisition strategy, competitive audits, and provide SEO recommendations to content, product and development teams to directly contribute to SolarWinds’ success.
This role will span all SolarWinds’ web properties and offers the opportunity to shape their strategy in:
This role will report into their marketing organization and have extremely strong ties to the social media, PR and content teams within marketing.
They expect this person to take the bull by the horns and drive the following activities:
- Develop and implement link acquisition strategies across all their sites, in line with the business objectives of each site
- Audit competitor websites back link profiles and discover awesome linking opportunities
- Review business requirements and actively collaborate with marketing to achieve objectives
- Identify and recommend new opportunities for improving organic search rankings, traffic and conversions.
- Partner with Creative Services to help inform site architecture, new page designs, and content creation to account for SEO best practices
- Work with Marketing Analytics to monitor, analyze and report on link acquisition performance as well as acquired link referral source performance
- Develop and ensure implementation of best practice guidelines and documentation for use in engineering
- Serve as the subject matter expert in new developments, trends and technologies within the SEO space, especially link building and the changes in Google and Bing’s algorithms
- Other duties as assigned to drive the business
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ yrs with SEO work experience, particularly during 2011-2012
- Experience with link building and content creation for the purpose of improving SEO performance, including managing third party vendors
- Experience designing SEO-friendly templates and page designs
- .Net web development experience a plus
- Technical knowledge/experience with the following:
- XML sitemaps, Robots.txt, and URL re-directs
- Localized site SEO implementation best practices
- Dynamic content-generating scripts and database integration scripts like jQuery, AJAX and JSON
- Analysis and management of crawl activity
- Specific experience in the following platforms/tools is a plus: Google Web Master Tools, SEOmoz, SEOClarity, Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics
- Ability work with cross-functional teams to drive specific projects to completion will be critical to success
- Skilled at managing without authority and influencing teams to action
- Ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Strong analytic abilities, primarily in Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 100,000 customers worldwide – from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Focused on the real-world needs of IT professionals, SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to manage today’s complex IT environments. SolarWinds’ growing online community, thwack, is a gathering-place for problem-solving, technology-sharing, and participating in product development for all of SolarWinds’ products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com.
SolarWinds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more search industry jobs, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.