Job Title: SEM Analyst
Job Reference: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: YP
Location: Glendale, California
Date Posted: 13 April 2013
Are you looking for a fast moving, creative environment where you can use your expertise to develop and market cutting-edge interactive and digital products?
YP is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. The company creates local search and advertising products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across online, print and mobile platforms. YP’s suite of local offerings includes its flagship products YP.com, YP Local Ad Network, the popular YPmobile app and The YP Real Yellow Pages®, the largest print directory in the world by advertising revenue. YP.com, which attracts over 30 million monthly online unique visitors, is also accessed by millions of users each month via the mobile web.
The YP(SM) Local Ad Network helps advertisers grow their business and distributes ads to a distinguished list of top publishers. YP’s wide range of local ad products such as premium listings, performance-based advertising, direct mail and search engine marketing provides advertisers an opportunity to increase their presence among consumers who are looking for a local business. YP’s advertising products address the diverse needs of nearly a million local businesses and help drive tens of billions of dollars in local commerce annually.
YP products are backed by one of the industry’s largest local advertising sales forces made up of several thousand media consultants and other resellers.
Join their dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace. They currently have an opportunity for an experienced SEM Analyst in their Glendale office.
- Act as fulfillment account manager for selected key accounts
- Manage search campaign performance; analyze quantitative, qualitative and underlying data to correct performance issues throughout the duration of the contract.
- Engage with fulfillment consultants and other parties, during initial fulfillment to ensure that the plan has the correct components;
- Proactively optimize throughout campaign life-cycle;
- Increase quality in clicks and conversions for improved ROI;
- Increase product trust through proactive, engaged customer service;
- Decrease churn rate through proactive campaign management and positive customer experience.
- Present Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and campaign performance in a formal setting with management.
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with internal and external customers by proactively communicating campaign performance with internal and external management.
- Have contact with internal customers such as sales, customer service, etc. and possibly external customers in any region weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
- Perform initial and ongoing quality assurance for search campaigns and take ownership of accurately communicating errors to all parties to close gaps and meet customer requirements.
- Re-emphasize internal, vendor, and search engine best practices during proofing and error correction activities.
- Regularly review existing processes and procedures for the purpose of identifying and implementing operational efficiencies and process redesigns.
Report escalations urgently and follow up on resolution to close communication loop with management.
- 1-2 years experience as a full-time Search Engine Marketing professional; 2-3 years preferred.
- Google AdWords certification and Bing Accredited Professional preferred; resource will be required to obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Solid work ethic, teaming, adaptation to fast-paced environment, and works well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is a must.
- Excellent professional, communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to research and solve problems.
- Analytic skills required.
- BA/BS degree preferred but not required
They offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send them your resume today.
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and they are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V