Job Title: Paid Search Director
Job Reference: 7772
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Catalyst online
Location: New York
Date Posted: 13 September 2012
The Paid Search Director is expected to demonstrate strong consultative insights, internally and externally, and display the necessary leadership to drive Paid Search results. This role includes developing and managing effective delivery strategies based on known client’s business objectives. Detailed tasks include managing the strategy and planning of paid search accounts, managing the launch of each program, guiding the optimization to meet specified performance objectives, and managing client expectations and communications throughout the duration of the engagement.
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives
- Act as the chief architect of the delivery strategy, testing strategy, forecast, and plan for key accounts within your category
- Analyze performance data and site analytics to develop insights for use in quarterly and annual business reviews
- Be responsible for all client budgets and ensure they are being spent effectively and as scheduled
- Closely manage project plans, launch plans, their scope of work, and delivery timelines to ensure each team is delivering on schedule and to specification
- Lead team to achieve targeted performance KPIs and provide assistance including optimizations and campaign troubleshooting
- Develop initial staff estimates, submit estimates for approval, and review estimated hours vs. actual hours to ensure accounts are being serviced at the correct level
- Coordinate strategies with internal teams (ADs, CIS, Organic) to develop fully integrated campaigns
- Collaborate with client teams and agency partners to ensure client goals are met, while protecting Catalyst assets
- Provide support and recognition for your team and effectively foster teamwork that drives motivation and retention
- Participate in the training, individual development, on-boarding and mentoring of staff
- Track team paid time off, and approve timesheets
Paid Search Practice Innovation
- Think creatively and develop innovative tactics and offerings to advance the paid search practice
- Actively contribute to corporate initiatives, automation projects, process changes, and roll-outs
- Stay current with industry trends, best practices and discusses potential impact with team on client work
- Create POVs, best practices, and assist in developing process documents
- Maintain positive relationships with search engines, understand search engine services, capabilities, and requirements
- Provide support to Finance Department for billing and search engine invoicing
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience required, graduate degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in paid search engine marketing, agency experience preferred
- Ability to think strategically and drive solid results to grow the business
- Strong data analytics and strategy background
- Proven team leadership and management experience
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional oral, written, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an eagerness to work as a member of a team
- Process and deadline driven
- Effectively persistent
- High integrity
- Team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Resourceful and results-oriented
- Sense of urgency
- Intellectually curious
- Enthusiastic, energetic, passionate
When was the last time you had fun at work? It is a great time to join Catalyst Online. Get all the benefits of working with Fortune 1,000 clients in a small-agency environment. Not only do they take pride in what they do, they have fun. Your creativity and energy are what they need. Enjoy coming to work.
Catalyst, located in Newton, MA, New York City, NY, Seattle, WA, and Toronto, Canada, is a leading search engine marketing firm with fifteen years of experience in the search industry. They are the search agency of record for many of the world’s top companies, including P&G, Microsoft and Novartis.
Catalyst is part of GroupM. GroupM is WPP’s consolidated media investment management operation, serving as the parent company to Maxus, MEC, MediaCom, Mindshare, Catalyst, Xaxis and M80. WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services, with 158,000 employees around the globe, www.wpp.com.
Catalyst has succeeded in building an energetic, positive and comfortable work environment that cultivates creativity and innovation. They are always looking to attract smart, hardworking professionals to drive business results for their clients.
For more search industry jobs, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.