Job Title: Online SEO Web/Marketing Manager
Job Reference #: 120761
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Pitney Bowes
Location: Stamford, CT, US
Date Posted: 2 August 2012
Delivering more than 90 years of innovation, Pitney Bowes provides software, hardware and services that integrate physical and digital communications channels. Long known for making its customers more productive, Pitney Bowes is increasingly helping other companies grow their business through advanced customer communications management. Pitney Bowes is a $5.4 billion company with more than 30,000 employees worldwide.
Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce, the Manager of Online Merchandising is responsible for the day to day management and merchandising of pb.com with an emphasis on optimization and monetization of the site as well as sales growth and conversion.
A primary focus of this role is the optimization of the merchandising strategy to ensure that the right product is in the right place at the right time. This will be achieved through the use of traffic tracking applications to recognize user patterns and trends to help formulate effective marketing techniques.
The Manager of Online Merchandising is a key partner to Business Unit Marketing Teams in the planning and execution of weekly and monthly campaigns and product offerings. Successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for merchandising coupled with a knack for expressing this passion in the online marketplace.
- Effectively merchandise products in categories, collections, and on landing pages that creates a positive brand experience
- Ensure new products are merchandised according to analytics, testing data, and relevant strategies
- Analyze site traffic and conversion metrics and make appropriate adjustments
- Drive sales, conversion, and profitability through management of merchandising strategies
- Work with Creative team on creation of site ads and product briefs
- Coordination of products to ensure consistent message and promotions
- Working with the business unit marketing teams to: Develop advertising and promotional strategies for their markets; Achieve and/or exceed financial plans set for the product categories
- Create relevant reporting and analysis to read and communicate online business trends
- Review search data and optimize site search to merchandise search results
- Support the development of online exclusive categories
- Conduct regular competitive analyses to identify best practices and recommended action items
All interested individuals must apply online. Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- BA/BS Degree, MBA or Masters preferred
- 5+ years experience with a minimum of four years online merchandising and marketing experience
- Heavy understanding of SEO, Web Copy and Creative, Customer Navigation and Landing Page expertise
- Online web analytics experience – coremetrics, omniture, hitwise, Google Analytics is a must
- Heavy promotions and strategy experience as is relates to the online space
- Should be a motivated self-starter, process oriented with high attention to detail
- Excellent project management, analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills required
- Must know MS Excel – Pivot Tables, V and H LookUps, etc.
For more search industry jobs, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.