Job Title: Online Marketing Copywriter & Social Media Coordinator
Job Reference #: 4283632
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Cash Doctors
Location: Gold Coast, Qld
Date Posted: 10 April 2012
Cash Doctors offers a totally new way of borrowing money. It’s a socially responsible, highly automated, consumer friendly credit solution. It’s strictly for small loan amounts over the short term – up to 45 days. It offers a real alternative to credit card debt and other traditional options offered by banks and sharky payday lenders via an innovative, technology driven, lightning fast, transaction process.
You are an online marketing copywriter who understands direct response copy writing. You’ll be communicating in a couple of voices across and via multiple media channels – with a very clear goal in mind every time, always conveying our brand identity.
Your writing ranges from loose conversational blogging at one end to finely tuned email, web and product launch copy. You can freely express yourself yet edit with precision.Press releases and writing for SEO are somewhere in the middle.
Your writing should be engaging, building relationships and trust. It’s persuasive through a plain English, conversational style – maybe a touch whimsical, even playful at times. Transparency and customer experience are always anchors.
It’s totally devoid of old school corporate speak, which is light on usefulness and humility and heavy on self-aggrandisement. Most importantly you have to think from your reader’s perspective and have enthusiasm for the way they do things and how it helps people every day.
What you’ll be doing
The writing you’ll do every day will matter. You’ll take full ownership of:
- Web copy for conversions, new products and SEO.
- Blog entries.Social media posts.
- Direct response emails including tracking results and continually optimising effectiveness of campaigns.
- Copy for new product releases.
- Tweak existing auto-responder and SMS communication.
- Press releases.
- Assisting with customer service communication content and style.
- Internal brand and cultural reinforcement through all communication.
- Strategic and conceptual direction for email, social media and PR.
You’ll be working with a very sharp team who are serious about what they do – if they do say so themselves.
Your skills and attributes
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Razor sharp editing skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to take ownership of projects and work autonomously.
- An interest in marketing and selling online.
- High level computer literacy – the ability to navigate multiple software applications.
- Superb time management skills.
- The ability to produce content quickly and write concisely for the web.
- The ability and courage to both give and take candid, constructive feedback.
- An interest in experimentation and measurement of your results.
- The ability and humility to suck it up when tests don’t work.
They’re passionate about crafting copy that actually works. They don’t write ‘cute copy’ and cross their fingers. They write for customers. It’s the results that matter.
The figures behind the role
Cash Doctors is highly metrics driven. Having a good understanding of their reporting system and the numbers is therefore very important. You know you’re doing your job well if the following figures are improving:
- Cash Doctors Facebook friends/likes.
- Comments, conversations and visitor generated content on Cash Doctors Facebook pages.
- Loans generated through Cash Doctors Facebook page.
- Prospects that convert into clients through our email campaigns.
- Existing clients that come back to our website through our email campaigns.
- Visits, reads and comments on the Cash Doctors blog.
- Links to/mentions of our blog posts on other websites.
- Website conversions through better copy.
- Positive PR/media mentions.
On top of your measurable contributions you are expected to be the link between customer service and marketing ensuring that the Cash Doctors unique brand message is conveyed consistently throughout their communication with their clients.
Think you have what it takes?
By now you’ve probably figured out this is an opportunity with a difference… if you think you’re special and a good fit please send your resume along with a cover letter telling them why you’re their new copywriter.
You should send these to: recruitment[at]cashdoctors.com.au
Relocation assistance is available to the successful candidate if they’re from outside the Gold Coast.
If you’re application is successful and they want to interview you, they’ll contact you within 3 weeks.
No phone calls please. Good Luck!
Salary range: negotiable
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: [www.comjobs.com.au]
Contact: Send resumes to: recruitment[at]cashdoctors.com.au
For more search industry vacancies, or to post a vacancy, please visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.