Job Title: Online Marketer
Job Reference: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Confidential
Location: Great Neck, NY (Next to LIRR; 22min fr Manhattan)
Date Posted: 21 February 2013
This is Online Marketing position with a company that owns and operates several popular and growing Internet brands serving loyal consumer audiences. The position offers unlimited opportunities for advancement for the right person.
They are looking for a talented and motivated person with a great work ethic to help spearhead the company’s marketing efforts while having the ability to stay hands-on and handle the day-to-day marketing activities, and are offering interesting and varied work experience and for the motivated candidate who is willing to jump into this exciting and friendly work environment!
In addition to a wide-ranging array of responsibilities, the Successful Candidate will:
- Increase the engagement with and adoption of company’s Internet brands
- Plan and execute strategies for the company messaging over different channels on the market ( Facebook, Twitter, website/blog , newsletter , etc. )
- Generate and maintain PPC and Email campaigns
- Maintain and grow the affiliate channel (both internally and by working with outside agencies)
- Utilize traditional and non-traditional “social media” marketing approaches to create buzz and recognition for their brands
- Develop and implement best processes to raise the adoption of their brands and ensure all marketing initiatives are set against measurable objectives
- Pro-actively carry out all duties and responsibilities
- Provide analysis and insight as needed
Starting at $500-$700 base/week + Commission & Bonuses — all commensurate w/ experience and performance.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume
This is a fast-paced environment where you will be given some instruction, but mostly you’ll be given real responsibility (much of it entrepreneurial in nature) and be expected to deliver excellence with little downtime and on short deadlines.
Successful Candidate will:
- Have graduated from an accredited college (preferably a Bachelor’s in Marketing, Business, Communication, PR, Psychology, English, Writing).
- Have excellent and provable writing skills and command of the English language
- be smart and well-spoken.
- Have experience and success in online marketing (whether full-time work/internship/part-time).
- Have familiarity with PPC advertising on Google and/or Yahoo (experience is an huge advantage).
- Demonstrate ability to use web (SEO, SEM, PPC, etc.), social, blogs, Email, PR, and affiliate programs to acquire new markets/customers.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast paced environment with varying deadlines
- be a highly-motivated self-starter with a high level of initiative.
- Demonstrate ability to apply experience and knowledge in e-commerce setting (actual experience in ecommerce or social marketing will be considered as a significant advantage).
Why you really want to work with them:
You’re More Than Just Your Job Title — Being a small company, everyone does everything all the time. Company executives help in coding and SEO, the blogger does social media, and everyone is a beta tester and does customer support. Accordingly, everyone is part of whatever success the company achieves.
Startup Feel in a Well Established Company — Many of the benefits that come with working with them are ones you would find in a startup on the west coast, but what distinguishes them is that they’re a well-established 11 year old company.
Easy Transportation — If you wanna take public transportation, the LIRR is two blocks from their office. If you want to drive, they will set you up with a pass to a covered parking deck one block away, so you never have to look or pay for parking.
Fun Office Chat — Anything goes – as long as you can stay focused on your responsibilities.
Flexible Hours — Wanna skip rush-hour traffic and come in at 11, have a lunch break one hour into your work day? Wanna be out by 4:30? Within some limits, they can pretty much arrange anything
Casual Dress — You can dress in a suit, like you’re going to a Madonna concert, or just bum out in sweats. Feel free to dress how you feel that day.
Early Fridays — Your Fridays can end at 3:30 . . . heck, sometimes even at 2. It’s all how you set it up.
Unlimited Coffee/Tea/Water/Drinks — They have Starbucks across the street (and you are free to use it). . . but why spend your money when you can have unlimited gourmet coffee and tea in the office and a fridge always full of Poland spring water bottles (and sometimes even your favorite beer) to boot.
Weekly Lunch — Every week, they order lunch from a local restaurant. In the Summer, they often go out for lunch instead, with beers and margaritas, and as many of them as your little heart desires.
“Friday Bagels” — This is what they call it, but really they just buy you whatever you want for breakfast.
Health-Club Membership — Wanna get buff? stay toned? Pick things up and then put them down? They have a no nonsense NYHRC two blocks from the office and you get a membership (as long as you use it of course). You might run into Olympic gold-Medal Skater Sarah Hughes. If not, you’ll surely run into their ultra-gun-ho personal trainer Erik.
Movie Tuesdays — They’ve got a cinema across the street, and any Tuesday you want they’ll buy you (and your date) tickets to a movie.
Corporate parties and outings — They have these several times per year, and let’s just say that . . . to the extent you’ll remember anything the next day, you never forget any of them.
Salary range: Starting at $500-$700 base/week + Commission & Bonuses — all commensurate w/ experience and performance
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: Marketing Pilgrim Jobs
Contact: Send resumes via online form to: Marketing Pilgrim Jobs