Job Title: Online Campaign Manager
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Google
Location: Sydney, Australia
Date Posted: 16 March 2012
The regional Large Customer Sales (LCS) teams partner closely with Google’s major advertising clients and agencies to develop digital solutions that build their clients’ businesses and brands. They are in a unique and exciting position to shape how marketing and business is conducted in the digital age. Google generate revenue from across their broad range of solutions, from Google AdWords, to YouTube, to Mobile, that help their customers connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences and get the most out of the web.
The role: Online Campaign Manager, Finance
Reach for new revenue-generating heights as a Sales Googler. Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. You leverage your entrepreneurial drive to target, educate and persuade new customers to embrace Google’s latest advertising products and technologies. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, understand the details of individual campaigns and persistently explore and uncover the business needs of your key clients. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
- Consult & partner with advertisers and their agencies in executing their online marketing strategy.
- Analyse changes in Financial Services consumer behaviour & search activity in order to recommend strategic Adwords and cross media solutions.
- Monitor and analyse large amounts of online marketing and campaign performance data in order to suggest structural and editorial improvements that will optimise ad campaigns across a variety of media (including search, video, mobile and display).
- Operate as a technical expert across Google’s range of advertising solutions.
- Encourage advertisers to incorporate Google’s variety of ROI-oriented ad strategies and provide customer training and orientation on Google products such as Google Analytics.
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, 6 years relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years experience within the Online & Media Industry.
- Strong account management and client service experience.
- Deep knowledge Google’s core products and internal tools.
- Very good knowledge of online media for search, display and/or social.
- Understanding of market size; trends and challenges and existing players and competitive positioning/ business models.
- Proven skills in analyzing large quantities of data, making recommendations and offering strategic consultation. Good knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate within the team and internal departments / clients and to work in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment.