Job Title: Marketing Manager
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Elance.com
Location: Mountain View, California
Date Posted: 2 July 2008
Elance (www.elance.com) is an online global workplace where businesses find and hire people “on demand” to get work done quickly and cost effectively. The Elance platform allows businesses to easily search, find, hire, manage and pay qualified professionals. In addition, individuals and firms join Elance as service providers, where they can create an online profile, immediately connect to businesses looking for their expertise, get hired and deliver their work – all on the Elance platform.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for driving product marketing activities for the Elance platform. This includes creating and executing marketing campaigns to educate customers and improve the customer experience.
The Marketing Manager also owns the buyer and provider lifecycle conversion metrics. Working with the Product Management team, the Manager will implement and leverage an A/B testing framework to inform product communication plans and create and implement new optimization strategies to maximize conversion rates.
In addition, the Marketing Manager is responsible for driving customer acquisition and improving the Elance customer experience by working with strategic Elance partners to market Elance and bring new services to enhance the Elance platform. This is a broad role that includes ownership of the strategic partner marketing and solutions relationships as well as responsibility for the day-to-day execution of partnership initiatives.
- Create and implement communication plans for new and changing product features.
- Educate customers on existing product features and benefits.
- Drive product positioning and communicate key features and benefits through onsite messaging, email, webinars and other channels.
- Work with Product Management to ensure the features in monthly releases are tested with customers, and feedback is incorporated into the monthly product marketing communication plan.
- Provide product messaging and position to internal teams as needed, including CRM, Customer Support, PR and others.
- Differentiate provider membership tiers and optimize the ‘freemium’ Elance provider membership model.
- Improve conversion at key points in the buyer and provider customer lifecycle, and report metrics weekly.
- Understand the Elance buyer and provider community and their needs.
- Drive and manage weekly meetings and quarterly reviews for all strategic partnerships.
- Lead project management for partner and solution business relationships.
- Track and analyze success of strategic partners.
Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has a background in partner and project management and product marketing, is detail-oriented and organized, and will leverage their traditional marketing and business relationship skills to maximize value of existing partnerships to achieve objectives.
- 3 – 5 years of product marketing experience, ideally for a web-based consumer or business product.
- 2 – 3 years partner marketing, channel marketing or marketing/business development experience.
- Team-player with demonstrated expertise working cross-functionally in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Detail-oriented professional who enjoys diving into the detail and getting work done.
- Experience with Power Point creating sales, corporate or customer presentations.
- Proven ability to multi-task, own a project and drive to results.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- BS or BA degree required.
441 Logue Ave., Mt View, California, 94043
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info about company from: [www.elance.com]
Contact: Send resumes via land mail: 441 Logue Ave., Mt View, CA 94043