Job Title: Managing Blog Editor
Job Reference: Unknown
Position Type: part time / telecommute
Name of employer: Search Engine Journal
Location: telecommute – US
Date Posted: 24 January 2013
Search Engine Journal, a community-focused, internet marketing industry blog with 600K visitors monthly, is looking for a Managing Editor. The Managing Editor will oversee the team’s day to day publishing activities, and will work with both guest bloggers and stakeholders to bring insightful, exclusive content, news and features to our loyal and very interactive audience.
Note this position is part-time.
- Maintain content strategy and tone of voice while ensuring quality guidelines are met.
- Develop relationships with existing guest bloggers to get regular contributions. Recruit new guest bloggers.
- Manage the publishing schedule.
- Supervise and delegate to a full-time virtual assistant who will perform administrative and operational tasks WRT publishing, goal tracking and reports, providing customer service to writers and their requests.
- Write 2 posts/month.
- Manage and track performance goals.
- Community engagement via commenting in articles and/or social media
- Established reputation in the internet marketing industry.
- 3+ years’ experience working on a team
- 3+ years’ experience supervising a subordinate
- 3+ years’ experience blogging and/or blog editor
- Lives in US or Canada
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Very responsive to email
- Extensive industry connections
- Experience in industry-related journalism, including newsroom, interviews and editorials
- WordPress experience
Please send a cover letter, resume, and links to published articles. Send to jenise[at]alphabrandmedia.com. Make sure to highlight your experience in the internet marketing field and provide a high quality writing sample for the editorial team to review.
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info about company from: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/about
Contact: Send resumes via online form to: jenise[at]alphabrandmedia.com
For more search industry jobs, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.