Job Title: Junior Search Engine Analyst
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Switched on Media
Location: Sydney Australia
Date Posted: 24 April 2012
Switched on Media is looking for a full time candidate with a passion in online marketing who wants a career in a fast growing digital marketing agency. You will have a unique opportunity to bring their clients to life in search and social media spaces.
You will undertake all technical aspects of a search engine optimisation (SEO) campaigns to maximise search engine visibility for a wide portfolio of blue-chip clients.
While this is primarily a technical role requiring a high level of technical ability, such as understanding content management systems and web build experience, you will be an integral part of a professional marketing team; communicating bespoke SEO strategies and solutions to both internal departments and external clients.
You will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of SEO tactics, such as technical optimisation, and link development. Regular support will be offered to internal departments and clients on fast developing ideas and research that has been investigated to meet client’s objectives and outperform your client’s competitors.
You will monitor, track and report on search metrics to determine market trends and customer search behaviour, both on a client’s website and through the search engines, resulting in an in-depth understanding of the client’s industry and target customer that can be fed back to copywriters, webmasters, or paid search departments to maximise the client’s campaign results.
Your regular day-to-day tasks will include pre-ordained deliverables to the clients, ad-hoc support, such as setting up new campaigns, reactions to changes in the search landscape and technical problems within the client’s websites.
You will also have the pleasure to work with some of the greatest minds in online marketing to create and share strategies and tactics on how paid search, social media services, web development and usability can work together to deliver an integrated campaign across all forms of online media.
Scope of Natural Search Analyst Role
Provide consultancy to clients on all aspects of SEO including:
- Keyword research using a suite of tools
- Comprehensively research and analyse competitor sites and search results pages
- Produce and implement back link strategies through email, telephone and face-to-face discussions with 3rd party web site owners
Production of change requests for a variety of changes including:
- Internal link optimisation
- SEO technical analysis and evaluation
- Website architecture problems
- HTML and CMS optimisation
- Analyse campaign performance and report back with insightful recommendations
- Understand issues surrounding user experience, accessibility and information architecture
- Keep up to date with the latest industry developments
Part of what makes Switched on Media successful is the highly motivated people who work there, and their enthusiasm for online marketing. They recruit individuals who possess honesty and integrity, and who display great initiative with a desire to be different through creativity and analytical approach to problem solving – a person that places the client at the centre of everything they do, and someone who inspires colleagues through their adaptable approach with lateral thinking complimenting their motivated and positive attitude to online marketing. You’ll have passion for your job that will be reflected in the work you deliver and regular deadlines that you meet.
Key Skills You will possess:
- A keen interest in online and web marketing
- A good knowledge of business, including your clients markets and audience
- An understanding of what differentiates Strategy from Tactics
- Understanding of how search engines and websites work
- Analytical, logic and mathematical skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise conflicting workloads and consistently hit targets
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Ability to work independently and as part of the project team to strict deadlines
- Capability to work hands-on to solve problems, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Strong listening and questioning skills
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in computing, business, marketing, communications or related subjects.
- 1+ year’s previous SEO experience – Ad agency or online marketing background a plus
- Demonstrable experience of working within a web development environment
- Appreciation of Content management Systems (CMS) and dynamic URLs
- Demonstrate a proactive work ethic when managing numerous competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes.
Switched On Media is a search marketing and social media agency that unites the best talent from across the industry to deliver business changing results for their clients. They aim to use the latest approaches to deliver their clients value through three key channels; search engine optimisation, pay per click and social media. Interested in working on blue-chip household brands? Maybe you prefer more innovative businesses? Either way, you’re in luck as they work across a broad spectrum of businesses enabling you diversified experiences and to have something to help explain what you do at the next BBQ.
Contact the team at Switched and apply today:
Scot Ennis: 02 8248 5054
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia
Salary range: $35,000 – $50,000 package (base plus super), negotiable within range pending candidate.
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: www.switchedonmedia.com.au
Contact: Send resumes to: Scot[at]switchedonmedia.com.au
For more search industry jobs or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.