Job Title: Copywriter
Job Reference #: 55887
Position Type: Full Time
Name of employer: iCrossing
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Date Posted: 27 December 2007
The Copywriter is responsible for writing engaging and persuasive copy in-tune with the client original marketing message to help secure top results in the natural rankings. This includes writing copy for the existing website, newly developed pages, and promotional materials such as articles.
NSO Definition: The process of ensuring websites meet optimal architecture, link, and design criteria of the latest search engine algorithms to improve visibility, rank, and relevance in search engines over time.
Major Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Conceive, develop, write, and edit compelling and persuasive copy
- Work closely with the account team to establish copy tone and styles and to stay consistent across all marketing channels.
- Present recommendations and deliverables to clients
- Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism, Business Writing, Marketing, Communications, Publishing or equivalent, or a comparable level of experience in one or more of these areas.
- 2 or more years of creative writing and editing experience
- Keyword research experience and a familiarity with Overture, Work Tracker, or both
- PC literate with working knowledge of standard software and the Internet. MS Word proficiency required.
- Strong marketing and advertising sense.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail, grammar and spelling.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and prioritize workflow under tight deadlines.
- Self-driven, detail oriented with a high degree of initiative.