Job Title: Account Manager
Job Reference #: Unknown
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Didit
Location: Rockville Centre, Manhattan, US
Date Posted: 7 July 2008
The Account Manager is a daily client relationship manager and team leader on Development Account Teams that manage growth opportunity and retention/maintenance accounts. They direct teams, campaign optimization, and campaign management initiatives daily. This includes management of initial paid search requirements and goals-setting meetings, development of paid search marketing plans focused on client growth, (Account Mgmt Plans) and leadership/management of account teams that handle production, optimization, analysis, and testing initiatives across all major and secondary search engine marketing campaigns. They lead daily client management through strategic and consultative communications with clients and knowledge of Maestro, the Didit client life-cycle, campaign strategies/tactics, and search marketing knowledge.
The Account Manager manages Account Executives and Associate Account Executives daily who are responsible for campaign optimization/performance and project management of all tactical initiatives identified from daily/weekly/monthly communications with clients and proactive recommendations. They are a primary point of contact daily for clients, listening to concerns, needs, goals, and requests, making recommendations for search marketing success, troubleshooting critical issues, and developing presentations. They work collaboratively with Group Account Directors, Account Executives, and Testing Analysts to constantly identify testing and growth opportunities and leverage new products/services to improve the relationship and results.
An Account Manager’s success is measured by client retention and growth, and effective management of Account Executives and Associate Account Executives.
Essential Job Functions:Client/Account ManagementDaily Client Management
- Starts day to day relationship with clients from Kickoff Call follow-up summary and communication of all requirements, status, and recommendations.
- Fields any/all client emails, calls, questions, and concerns as primary/single point of contact for clients.
- Leads direction and development of all client status agendas, key points, and presentations.
- Runs ongoing client status calls and partners with Group Account Director on Account Mgmt Plan development and leadership of monthly/quarterly client strategy meetings/calls.
- Develops agendas for calls/meetings, key points/topics of discussion, requests reports, key findings, information, etc. from team members or other resources.
- Develops all meeting/call follow-ups/summaries requesting key information and campaign mgmt tasks/information from Account Executives and Associate Account Executives.
- Leads direction/management of Account Executives and Associate Account Executives in the ownership of client call/meeting agenda, status reporting, and follow-up summary development and communications.
- Communicates client requests, questions, and concerns to team members daily and leads troubleshooting, formulation of responses, and development of client presentations to improve/manage growth of the relationship.
- Interfaces with Didit accounting department regarding invoices, engine account funding and overall billing issues and client communications.
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Directs daily team’s work through communication of client goals, concerns, targets, and situations, listing work requested or needed to be done.
- Works in partnership with Account Executive to identify all tactical work (campaign optimization, Production, or Testing) required.
- Partners with Group Account Director on development of Account Mgmt Plans for clients integrating growth, Testing, Media, and other proactive strategies.
- Partners with Account Executive on development of tactics associated with all strategies, tests, and expansion/growth initiatives in Account Mgmt Plans.
- Works with Account Executive to add timelines to initiatives/tasks within Account Mgmt Plans and effectively manage a dedicated Account Coordinator and any additional Production or testing resources assigned.
- Work in partnership with the Testing & Analytics department to assist with integration of Testing, deeper analysis initiatives and testing plan development and integration (with overall strategic/tactical plan).
Key Campaign Findings/Client Presentations
- Review client campaign performances utilizing Dashboard daily noting any key trends/changes in high level campaign data.
- Collaborate and communicate daily with Account Executive, Associate Account Executive, and Account Coordinator to ensure knowledge of all campaign management initiatives, Production status, cause/effect, issues, concerns, opportunities, and team needs.
- Provide Group Account Director with completed campaign initiatives, overall client relationship, campaign, and team status on a weekly/monthly basis as key points and topics for internal resource/team mgmt support, strategic client calls/meetings and up-selling opportunities.
- Review and update Account Management Plans to ensure all project deadlines are accurate and completed initiatives are noted (working with Account Executive).
- Review Team Dashboard daily for trends and opportunities.
- Oversees clients’ engine budgets, run-rates, and
- Client communications re: relation of campaign mgmt/optimization initiatives to business goals/objectives, concerns, and targets.
- Leads problem solving and conflict resolution in client calls/meetings.
Ensure the following key Account Executive and Associate Account Executive campaign optimization tasks are being carried out effectively daily:
- Daily monitoring of campaign performance, recommending or making adjustments to clients target metrics (CPO, ROI) when needed.
- Daily monitoring of listing performances making adjustments to desired position or maximum bid allowable when needed.
- Review power terms for market competition, noting any new competition or existing competitor creative changes.
- Adjust AI settings at various levels to achieve preferred automated responses on the real-time click stream, producing desired bidding changes.
- Review engine campaign structures and keyword/creative/landing page groupings for improved relevance/performance (and changes made strategically if problems or opportunities exist).
- Responsible for successful client communication and internal oversight of pixel implementation and data verification.
- Checks with Account Executive to ensure that all PIV reports, client concerns, issues, and internal review of data is covered.
- Collaborates with Account Executive to ensure key points and requirements/needs are communicated to clients to rectify any/all pixel issues.
- Reviews conversion data for parameter consistency and order volume.
Engine & External Communications
- Manages engine account transitions (if applicable) from other SEM’s/agencies.
- Works with engine reps to open new accounts.
- Leads all client communications regarding billing/funding setup.
- Oversees all client budgeting/account run-rates vs. budgets and IO’s.
- Communicates probems/issues with engine reps and leads troubleshooting.
- Requests daily/tactical engine information and initiatives to be completed (including reporting teams on all engine initiative status).
- Communicates with Account Executive to ensure knowledge of Maestro system and API issues and needs.
Campaign Cause/Effect of new Products/Services
- Responsible for understanding new engine products/services through materials and training coordinated with the Group Account Director and Testing department.
- Understand the new products/services and the impact they will have on your clients’ campaigns, making adjustments to Account Management.
- Plans and providing key information to Group Account Directors when needed.
- Keep up to date on search marketing industry and market best practices (i.e. Google, Yahoo!, SEM’s/agencies, white papers, etc.).
- Attends trade shows, training seminars, and new product/service presentations and meetings.
Didit is an equal opportunity employer that provides an exciting, creative work environment with tremendous growth potential and the support of a unique Learning & Development department committed to the education and development of employees. Didit offers 401k, full health benefits, paid time off, short and long-term disability, and a bonus plan.
Please send resume and cover letter to: csjobs[at]didit.com.
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: [www.didit.com]
Contact: Send resumes to csjobs[at]didit.com