1) Top 10 April Fools Day Jokes for 2013 by John Rampton This is a fun post for obvious reasons! If you missed all the fun on April Fools Day, this post will catch you up. I wouldn’t mind a set of those augmented reality glasses!!
2) 5 Steps to Facebook Authority – Whiteboard Friday by Lauren Vaccarello A friend of mine asked me about advertising on Facebook the other day and I had to admit I didn’t really know much about it, so this post was a welcome find. Lauren has a great down-to-earth style and no prior knowledge is assumed (except that you already have a Facebook profile or page of course). Thanks Lauren!
3) The Marketing Value of YouTube by Phil Nottingham How many times have you been asked about video marketing and whether or not to add a YouTube channel? This is a great post to bookmark and refer clients to. Whether it’s ‘preroll’ advertising content, or a Red Bull-style marketing campaign, Phil describes the pros and cons of using YouTube as part of your overall marketing strategy.
4) How to Consistently Write 1000 Words a Day by Shrinivas Rao I liked this post because it contains solid advice which can be applied to anything that requires consistent effort and commitment. So for all you content marketers out there (or if you’re secretly writing a book) this is a great post to refer back to when you hit writer’s block or find yourself in a habit of procrastination.
5) Making Your Online Marketing Work: Sharpen Your Focus on This One Thing by Barry Feldman I realise this makes two copywriting posts in one week, but, I think it’s worth it. How many sites have you landed on only to be bored by their copy and not sure why? This post will tell you why. You know what they say… what’s true on the page is true in life (or something like that).
*Image courtesy of Threadless