I’m presenting two Google Analytics training workshops on behalf of the Institute of IT Professionals (IITP) over the next couple of weeks. The first one is in Wellington and then I’ll be heading down to Christchurch for the other.
Under the banner Using Google Analytics to Increase Website Traffic and Conversions, these half-day workshops will show you step-by-step how to set up Google Analytics and what key metrics to track in order to measure the success and improve the performance of your web site. Included will be real-life case studies, practical examples and sample reports that you can immediately adapt to suit your own analytics needs.
Don’t think you’re in for a boring day of number crunching either. For proof that Analytics can be fun, check out this video produced by the Google Analytics team. It takes the frustrations we’ve all experienced with online checkouts and shows how they might play out in real life:
At the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Set up a Google Analytics account.
- Implement Google Analytics tracking code into their site.
- Determine which are the most important web site metrics to track.
- Track visitor pathways that lead to conversions.
- See how their web site visitors are interacting with their site.
- See what keywords are providing the most traffic to their site.
- See what web sites are providing the most traffic to their site.
- See what pages on their site are the most popular.
- Track various marketing campaigns in Google Analytics e.g. AdWords, SEO, email campaigns.
- Determine the best performance indicators for their web site.
- Interpret analytics data and make web site decisions based on that data.
- Create meaningful web site analytics reports for customers and stakeholders.
Below are the details and booking links for Wellington and Christchurch events. Please share with anyone in your network who you think might benefit from attending:
Using Google Analytics to Increase Website Traffic and Conversions – Wellington
Date: Tuesday 18 August 2015
Time: 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Venue: Terrace Conference Centre
Levels 2 – 4
St John House
114 The Terrace
Using Google Analytics to Increase Website Traffic and Conversions – Christchurch
Date: Monday 14 September 2015
Time: 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Venue: Airport Gateway Motor Lodge
45 Roydvale Ave
Similar events for Auckland will be announced shortly. Workshops for Hamilton and Dunedin are not currently booked, but can be arranged upon demand by clicking the On Demand link on the pages above.