1) Apply the Golden Rule to Guest Posting by Kate Morris Kate gives great down-to-earth advice on how to navigate the post-penguin world of outreach via guest blogging. As Google gives more weight to content, it’s important for guest bloggers (and those who hire them), to keep things genuine – especially regarding links.
As a freelance writer myself, I loved the checklist Kate offers for companies who contract work to freelancers.
2) How to Get Your Boss to Care About Content Marketing by Adria Saracino Adria gives us a step-by-step formula to developing an effective pitch that will convince your boss (or client) that content marketing is the answer to their online business success.
This post is a stand out because Adria’s advice includes how to draw upon solid research, plus the creativity of others (including helpful links to people and resources) and bring it all together in a way that inspires confidence.
3) Visual Storytelling: The Key Weapon to Content Marketing by Jason Cormier Jason is right: no state-of-the art technology can substitute for state-of-the-heart storytelling. If a picture is worth a thousand words, the story behind it may be worth a million more. It seems to be the human condition that none of us can past a good story.
Jason uses the idea that there are ‘Seven Basic Plots’ when it comes to epic storytelling, and gives us examples of how they have been used by big name brands to create content that people not only engage with, but are compelled to share.
4) Eight Storytelling Tips to Enhance Your Content Marketing by Arnie Kuenn Further to the post above, Arnie gives us eight great tips on how to use storytelling fundamentals to develop compelling content.
Though the way we tell stories has changed a great deal from prehistoric times and storytelling is constantly progressing, one thing is for sure: everyone enjoys a great story, and that’s not going to change.
5) A Goldmine of Content Resources by Anvil Media Inc The people at Anvil Media Inc have graciously shared their well-researched and comprehensive list of content-related resources from around the web. Every kind of media is explored – from video to cinemagraphs, blog posts to memes – it’s all there. This is definitely one to bookmark and refer back to when stumped for ideas.
*Image courtesy of Threadless