1) Top Three Inbound Marketing Strategies for Mobile Apps by Robi Ganguly Waiting at the doctor’s office recently I noticed a lot of us were whiling away the time on our smart phones. According to recent research there are over one billion smart phones out there, and mobile apps are absorbing our attention almost as much as television. Robi’s post is an excellent reminder for online marketers to keep abreast of this explosion of mobile technology.
2) 4 Reasons to Convert Your Facebook Business Profile into a Page by Michelle Stinson Ross As mentioned in the post above – mobile apps mean more people are using social media than ever before, so our Facebook presence needs to be right. I enjoyed Michelle’s no nonsense approach to the topic and it got me thinking about how Facebook is changing the way people can find and share business info online.
3) The SEO of Responsive Web Design by Kristina Kledzik While browsing the web on my smart phone recently I noticed some web sites still aren’t mobile friendly. In this post Kristina outlines how responsive design work to radically increase the reach of your web site.
and now for something slightly different…
4) How Unique Does Content Need to Be to Perform Well in Search Engines? – Whiteboard Friday by Rand Fishkin This post is more than just an explanation on how to avoid duplicate content – it’s about creating and maintaining valuable content. In this post Rand outlines the dos and don’ts of unique content creation.
5) Eight Completely Avoidable Mistakes E-mail Marketers Make by Natalie McCatty There have been a few posts about email marketing lately, but this one caught my eye because I’ve experienced several of the ‘eight mistakes’ myself. Natalie’s engaging post will no doubt have us all double checking our email marketing copy, to ensure we haven’t unwittingly fallen into any of the traps she describes. Thanks Natalie!
*Image courtesy of Threadless