This week’s Fast Five is mostly about content marketing, but i’ve also added a great post about social media marketing… happy reading!
1) What is the Future of the Rel=Author tag? by Adam Morgan
This video blog post is an important one for writers and all content marketers generally. Have you noticed the rise of thumbnail pictures next to some search results? The Rel=Author tag is adding credibility and enhancing the presence of some online profiles over others. Matt Cutts explains the future of personal search.
2) Case Study: How Two Artists Used Online Content to Build Their Face to Face Business by Beth Hayden
A great case study by Beth on the importance of content marketing, even for a totally offline enterprise.
3) How to Build Links to Your Blog – A Case Study by Mathew Barby
Mathew’s case study is an excellent post about how to make the most of your niche blog. Mathew includes links to useful tools, to make the most of your link building strategy.
4) The Insanely Simple Secret to Copyblogger’s Success by John Jantsch
I know this is not a recent post, but its popularity is due to the lessons contained within. John includes the headlines that have made Copyblogger so attractive to followers and why they work. A great post about writing good copy and content marketing strategy.
And for something a little different…
5) How to Execute a Successful social Media Marketing Initiative by Jayson DeMers
I know there are a lot of posts out there explaining the benefits of social media marketing, but one is too good not to share. Jayson explains the benefit of the main sites and includes links to helpful tools to chart and monitor your campaign strategy. Keep it handy in case you need to justify a new position, expansion of duties, or even a pay rise!
Image courtesy of Threadless