We’ve got several perspectives for this week’s Fast Five – including Mum’s!
1) How My Mum Thinks Search Engines Work by Rob Toledo This is a good fun post to help us remember the broader perspective of common internet usage. Thanks Rob and thanks Rob’s Mum!
2) How to Integrate Google+ into Your Online Marketing Initiative by Jayson DeMers By the end of last year, only eighteen months after it was launched, Google+ had 343 million active users. It is the world’s fastest growing social media platform, second only to Facebook. This post gives a good run down on many of the smart marketing features of Google+ and how to make the most of them.
3) An Online Resource You Don’t Want to Miss: The Matt Cutts Short Cutts by Amanda DeSilvestro Amanda’s put together a nice post describing the features of www.theshortcutts.com but as she says, it is pretty self explanatory. There plenty of SEO resources in there. One to bookmark!
4) Positioning Your Business for the Future of SEO – Whiteboard Friday by Ron Garrett Ron Garrett from Distilled gives a great video tutorial on the future of SEO in this Whiteboard Friday post. How to set goals, take calculated risks, assess staff ability – all these things can keep us competitive and adaptable in the changing world of SEO.
I like to leave the different one’s until last…
5) The Clients I Can’t Afford to Take by Bill Sebald This blog post is true of consulting and true of life. There are some gems in here about dealing with difficult personality types and how to stay focussed – as either a contractor or manager.
*Image by Threadless