Job Title: Software Development Engineer II – Bing
Job Reference: 822237
Position Type: full time
Name of employer: Microsoft
Location: Bellevue, WA, United States
Date Posted: 27 January 2013
The Bing Webmaster Tools team is hiring extremely talented, highly motivated and productive developers to help build the next generation of the Bing Webmaster Tools (bing.com/webmaster). The Bing Webmaster Tools are a scalable way to communicate with all the web developers, SEOs and website owners on the web.The team ask them for all sorts of information to help Bing understand their websites better, and in return, they give them advanced reporting tools to help them see their website through Bing’s eyes.
This role encompasses a wide range of skills, from web-scale data mining, implemented across thousands of servers, to HTML5 web application development and everything in-between. On a day to day basis you might be working with multi-terabyte datasets to generate and aggregate index, telemetry and social data from dozens of different sources (using their cloud based map-reduce variant, COSMOS and SCOPE), and on a different day, experimenting with visualizing and presenting data using HTML5 technologies to enable the world to understand the web in a more comprehensive way.
This is an area that requires creative thinking, strong engineering skills and a passion for doing things “the right way”. When people need this data, it is imperative that it is fresh, correct and presented to them FAST, so a knack for identifying bottlenecks in your code and optimizing them to be faster is a must.
This job requires strong technical skills. You must have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years programming experience in C# or similar
- Experience in web application development (MVC/HTML/JS/CSS)
- Strong track record of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Demonstrated experience in a rapid development environment
- The following skills are big pluses: azure storage (tables & blobs), autopilot, cosmos, machine learning, sql server, jquery, c++, data mining, data visualization, performance engineering, and testing experience (unit testing / functional testing / performance testing)
Salary range: Unknown
Closing date: Unknown
More info from: Microsoft Careers
Contact: Send resumes via online form to: Microsoft Careers
For more search industry jobs, or to post a vacancy, visit Search Engine College Jobs Board.